We are hiring: Graphic Designer, Delhi
Junxion is accepting applications for the position of Graphic Designer with our in-house design shop, Junxion/c.
Who we’re after:
You’re ready to take on every challenge in a fast-paced, global social purpose driven organization. You’re versatile and able to bring smarts, savvy, and style to an incredible variety of projects, big and small.
You will work closely with our current design team and report to the Creative Director (who is in India), this position is responsible for creative development, production and coordination. This individual must have online design experience and is familiar with WordPress, Joomla and other open source software.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for developing the visual concept (for print and online) for a variety of projects such as ads, posters, postcards, landing pages, designed emailers, banners and blog images. In some cases the process is reversed and the Graphic Designer needs to be able to adapt a visual concept from another medium into printed materials. He/she works very closely with writers, web designers and developers, media producers, social media coordinators, and management.
The Graphic Designer must
• produce a substantial quantity of high quality designed materials across several mediums and outlets
• have an outstanding sense of design and a keen attention to detail
• work independently and take initiative
• be able to work closely with other team members
• be extremely brand-aware
• communicate effectively, in both written and spoken English
• be able to take creative direction and feedback and adapt or rethink original ideas based on it.
• remain even-keeled and effective under tight deadlines
• brainstorm and solve creative problems
• Create visually arresting, high-quality and consistent designs for a wide variety of mediums and outlets including websites, print advertising campaigns, brochures, fact-sheets, posters and postcards, editorial products, signage, tradeshow materials, merchandise, presentations, video, internal documents, stationery, certificates and business cards
• Work closely with the Creative Director, coordinators, and creatives to see projects through from concept to delivery
• Provide design support to all Junxion team members
• Manage some relationships and workflow with external vendors
• Manage timelines for multiple simultaneous projects ensuring aggressive deadlines are met
• Remain current with new design technologies and trends
• Collaborate with web teams on the design of websites, social media presence and interactive projects to ensure maximum utility and navigation and an aesthetic design
• Other duties as assigned by the Creative Director
Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
• A degree/diploma in graphic design or equivalent experience
• Over three years of design experience
• Excellent design sensibilities and skills
• Proficiency with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, and Keynote as well as Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
• Sound knowledge and expertise in DTP, pre-press and printing process is a must
• A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment but can manage her/his own time and work independently
• An understanding of web design possibilities and restrictions
• Previous experience in working with promotional materials in a high paced environment.
If you meet the profile above and would like to be part of our growing organization, we invite you apply for this position to email@example.com. Please note in the subject: “Graphic Designer- India”.
Please submit your cover letter outlining your values and involvement in your community/social issues, resume (extra points for designed ones), pdfs of four recent pieces of work (small file size) and a short (30-word) description of your role on them, and links to websites you have worked on.
- Location: Delhi, India
- Compensation: TBD, based on experience
- Posting closes June 30, 2012
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.